Mind in Brighton and Hove works to promote good mental health in our city and across Sussex. It seeks to empower people to lead a full life as part of their local community.
We were founded in 1967 and since then have developed into a significant provider of mental health services in our City and across Sussex.
Mind in Brighton and Hove is affiliated to National Mind, and works with other local services and statutory partners.
To achieve these aims we:
- Promote mental health in our community.
- Work with mental health ‘service users’ to increase their influence and control over their own lives.
- Challenge discrimination and promote social inclusion.
- Campaign and raise funds.
- Work in partnership with other organisations.
- Involve service users and volunteers in our work.
- Focus on quality in service provision.
Our values include empowerment, innovation, effectiveness, social justice and being a Mindful Employer.
Mind in Brighton and Hove believes in equality of opportunity for all. We are committed to challenging inequality, discrimination and stigma, particularly in relation to minority and socially excluded groups and on the grounds of mental health issues. For more information about our approach, please see our Equality and Diversity policy.