Brighton & Hove’s adult drug and alcohol Services are managed and delivered by a multi-organisational partnership called Pavilions.
Pavilions brings together Cranstoun, Surrey & Borders NHS Partnership Foundation Trust, Equinox, Brighton Oasis Project, YMCA Downslink Group and Cascade Creative Recovery, a range of partners with proven expertise, creative minds and a shared desire to re-shape drug and alcohol treatment and recovery services for the people of Brighton & Hove.
Pavilions provide support for Adults who have substance use issues and their Carers and Families.
Services for Individuals
Pavilions provide the following services for individuals affected by substance use issues:
- Chemsex Support
- Criminal Justice Team
- Detox options
- Drug & Alcohol Outreach Team
- Education, Training & Volunteering (ETV)
- LGBT Support
- Needle Exchange
- Peer Mentoring Scheme
- Recovery, Interventions & Groupwork
- Recovery Support
- Residential Rehab
- Women’s Service
For more detailed information about these services, please click here.
Services for Carers and Families
Pavilions don’t only work to support individuals that are affected by substance use issues, but also their carers and families. They provide the following services:
- Advice, Support & Information on a range of issues.
- Referrals to other services which can help both families, friends, carers and the substance misuser.
- Support Groups for families, friends and carers of substance misusers.
- Outreach Support through home visits.
- Training for families, friends and carers around basic drug & alcohol awareness.
- One-to-one support in a safe environment.
- One-to-one Counselling for families, friends & carers.
- Relationship Counselling for any two people (including the substance user) whose relationship has been affected by drug and/or alcohol use.
For more detailed information about Pavilions services for Carers and Families, please click here
Anyone can call the Pavilions helpline on 0800 014 9819, for information and advice 24 hours a day.
How To Access The Service – Referrals
You can call directly on 01273 731 900 to book an appointment, or organise a referral.
Mon – Fri, 10am – 4pm for a coffee and an informal chat. You don’t need an appointment, you can just turn up to Richmond House, Richmond Road, Brighton, BN2 3RL
women-only drop in is held at 11 Richmond Place on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s 10am – 2.45pm.
Safe Space is open every Friday and Saturday (11pm to 3.30am) at St Paul’s Church on West Street in central Brighton, supporting residents and tourists of all ages. British Red Cross volunteers offer medical support, and experienced YMCA DownsLink Group staff provide emotional and practical support.
For a full list of local services and support groups for those experiencing or caring for someone with substance misuse issues please have a look in our Directory of Local Services – click here
If you need individual advice, please contact our advice and information team:
Telephone: 01273 66 69 50