Mind in Brighton and Hove is using the power of physical exercise to tackle mental health problems in Hastings.
Mind in Brighton and Hove has been awarded funding by Sport England and the National Lottery to help people in Hastings try new sports and activities to help improve their physical and mental health. Through this work, Mind in Brighton and Hove is supporting people experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression and anxiety to build their confidence to join sports clubs, go to the gym or take up a new sport such as running, swimming and football to name a few.
Mind in Brighton and Hove is working closely with partners Albion in The Community and Sussex Cricket Foundation to deliver community sports and activity sessions and to create a more inclusive and welcoming environment within local sport and leisure facilities.
We are starting our Get Set to Go project with Free Street Cricket Taster sessions
The Taster sessions will be followed by a 12 week programme starting in October
Mental Health Awareness Training for Sport and Physical Activity.
Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity was developed with support from Sports Coach UK and is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff.
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination.
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active.
- Talk confidently about mental health.
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support.
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone.
This training is for anyone who works in the sports and physical activity sector and would benefit from mental health awareness we will be delivering 2 training sessions in October/November dates and venues to be confirmed if you are interested please contact:
Jacy Kilvert email@example.com
We are also seeking Peer Volunteers for our Get Set to Go project
- You will volunteer in Hastings
- Support participants to attend sessions
- Build relationships with participants
- Help to remove barriers for people to attend physical activities in Hastings
Please see our volunteer page for more information